List of graduate petroleum engineering jobs in Australia with oil and gas companies. Each graduate recruitment program has a different opening and closing date for applications so keep your eyes constantly on the look out. I keep a constant update on the Facebook page at Petroleum Engineering Student.
2017 Update: It’s looking really difficult to get a foot in the door with the oil price so low. Don’t worry, when times get tough all you need to do is adapt. There are plenty of alternative career paths where you can leverage off your petroleum engineering knowledge and forge a successful career. I’ve detailed the careers and how to get into them in the following article: Alternative Career Opportunities For Petroleum Engineers it’s definitely worth a look if you want to put your nerves at ease about finding employment.
- Arrow Energy – Expression of Interest
- AEMO – Graduate Development Program opens June
- Baker Hughes – Graduate Programs and Internship Program
- Beach Petroleum – Expression of Interest
- BHP – Graduate Program opens March and Internship Program opens July
- BP – Graduate Program and Internship Program opens July
- Caltex – Graduate Program
- Chevron – Graduate Development Program opens January and Vacation Employment Program opens July
- ConocoPhillips – Graduate Program Expression of Interest
- ExxonMobil – Graduate Program opens March, Vacation Work currently closed
- ERM Power – Graduate Development Program
- Halliburton – No specific open date
- Linc Energy – Register Interest
- Origin Energy – Search jobs or join talent pool
- QGC – Graduate Program
- ROC Oil – Expression of Interest
- Santos – Graduate and Vacation Employment applications run March – May
- Schlumberger – Apply directly anytime
- Senex Energy – Submit inquiry about employment
- Shell – Assessed Internship, also tips on writing CV
- Worley Parsons – Graduate Program, Vacation Program and Traineeships
- Woodside Petroleum – Graduate Program opens February, Summer Vacation opens July
If there’s any I’ve missed let me know and I’ll add them to the list!
For help on how to get an edge on your competition and get hired, check out the eBook I wrote on the topic:
It’s available in Kindle format from Amazon for less than a cup of coffee, so just skip next morning’s!
I provide a 50 page roadmap on all the areas you need to cover to make yourself standout and excel from beginning the application process, to excelling at psychometric testing and interviews, through to the assessment center. As a bonus I included 30 behavioural interview questions you will most likely be asked.
Good luck out there!